An impact socket is most often used by mechanic shops, but many homes do it yourself mechanics are also using them. This type of socket is used to loosen nuts or bolts that are seized up or stuck. Racetrack pit crews use impact sockets to be able to change tires out quickly during a race. A good socket delivers a higher torque. Most sockets are designed with a black oxide coating and are stronger than an ordinary socket. The black oxide coating will not chip the way chrome plating does. Using an ordinary socket in an impact wrench will cause damage to the socket. You will see that the drive end of an impact socket is different also. This is done to enable a locking pin and retaining ring to be used. The pin and ring are used to prevent the socket from sliding off the wrench due to vibrations.
10. CASOMAN 48 piece Impact Set
This 48 piece standard and metric socket set are made from heat-treated chrome vanadium steel that is drop forged. It is coated with a black phosphate finish that will prevent corrosion and give durability. Each socket is designed to be deep, with a six-point opening and hand stamped with the size. CASOMAN meets or beats the ANSI standards. All sockets will fit a standard ¾ inch drive ratchet.
- All common and metric sizes both shallow and deep
- Two extenders 3 inches and 6 inch
- Durable, heavy-duty plastic carrying case
- 5/16 inch to ¾ inch standard; 8 to 22 mm metric
9. Neiko Master Impact Socket Set
This master socket set is made with high strength chrome vanadium steel with a black electroplate finish. The black electroplating prevents corrosion and is oil resistant. Each socket has a six-point flank design to deliver the highest torque possible. The set comes with both Metric and SAE sizes, both shallow and deep. Also included are 11 duometric sockets. Sizes range from 7/16 to 1 ¼.
- Heavy-duty molded case with molded socket pockets.
- ½ inch and ⅜ inch extenders
- Highly versatile and unique combination of sizes.
- Heat treated and drop forged
8. CASOMAN Complete Impact Socket Set
This complete set is made from cold-formed vanadium steel alloy that is then heat-treated for strength. Each socket has a 6 point flank that grabs on and gives more torque. Each piece is covered with a black electroplated finish for durability. The sockets come in a complete combination of shallow and deep, both metric and SAE. They are also full ⅜ “ and ½”. This CASOMAN set exceeds ANSI standards to ensure you get what you pay for.
- Heavy-duty molded carry case
- Indexed sizes in the case
- One year limited warranty
- Top-quality torque to remove the stubborn nuts and bolts
7. GearWrench 44 Piece Socket Set
This is not your father’s socket set! Exceeds standards set through ASME for guaranteed strength. Made from chrome molybdenum alloy steel for durability and strength to last a long time. Six-point pockets, shallow and deep sets, the parallel neck on the larger sizes. This Gearwrench socket set is compatible for use with traditional socket wrenches.
- Complete set of metric and AES sizes
- Heavy-duty blow molded case with indexed sizes
- Two extenders
- Universal joint attachment
- Limited Standard Warranty
6. Neiko ½” Master Drive Socket Set
This is a complete set of sockets in metric and standard sizes. Included in the set are 35 pieces with extenders. For those stubborn nuts or bolts, use this set to have the greatest torque for your needs. These are made from drop-forged chrome vanadium and treated with a black phosphate finish to give you anticorrosion. The 6 point hex design prevents the normal round off caused by high torque. This is definitely a highly rated set for a budget-friendly price.
- Molded heavy-duty case with engraved indexed sizes
- Three extension bars to reach tough places
- ⅜” and ½” extenders
- Socket Wrench handle
5. Tacklife Drive Socket Set
This is an advanced, durable and professional socket set. Designed and made with precision perfect CNC machining. The six-point hex design provides all-around contact to give the highest rated torque. Each piece is made from chrome vanadium and covered with a black phosphate coating to be corrosion and oil-resistant. This set meets or beats ANSI standards. Each piece is also tested by ultrasonic detection. Each socket gives a tight fit to ensure pieces do not fall off and become stuck in machinery.
- Customized heavy duty carry case
- High contrast, laser-etched sizes
- Three drive impact extenders
- Works on all impact drivers
4. SUNEX 2569 Drive Master Socket Set
This master socket set includes 43 pieces of standard and metric measured sockets. Made from CrMo steel that gives the flexibility and strength you need in a socket set. Each socket has chamfered openings to quickly align the fastener. With a radius corner design, this set increases the torque and reduces wear and tear on your equipment. Size markings are double marked for ease of sight. Supreme set for the home mechanic or the professional.
- Universal joint extender
- Impact extension
- Heavy-duty storage case
- Warranty and exchange policy
- 4 impact extenders
- 1 Universal joint
3. Neiko ½ inch Impact Drive Socket Set
Made from a high impact chrome vanadium steel, this socket set gives you everything you need for home or business use. Each socket is coated with black phosphate to resist corrosion. The six-point flank drive grips the flat sides for assurance against rounding off. The laser-etched sizes are permanently visible. All 14 of the sockets are deep pocket designed. This set is highly rated by the professionals, if it works awesome for them, imagine how it will work for you.
- All sockets are in standard sizes
- Heavy duty case for storage
- Reliable strength for multiple jobs
2. Sunex 1848 Drive Master Socket Set
Delivered with both metric and standard sizes this set is for anyone who works on tough nuts and bolts. The radius corner design ensures no slippage on the nut-producing rounded corners. Made with chamfer design to align the fastener quickly. This set is made from CrMo steel alloy and coated to prevent corrosion. This steel alloy provides durability and just the right amount of flexibility for all tasks. These impact sockets work well for pros or home car mechanics. This is a great 48 piece set for professionals or home mechanics.
- Heavy-duty storage case
- Both metric and standard sizes
- meets or exceeds ANSI standards
1. Neiko 02440A Socket Set
Neiko has designed this master socket set with chrome vanadium steel and coated in a black phosphate coating. The coating allows the set to be corrosion resistant. This set will handle extreme torque action with no fail. This set also includes a universal joint attachment. This complete combination set of sockets work great in the shop or your home garage. Neiko has given both metric and standard impact sockets, both shallow and deep. This is a superb set and budget-friendly.
- Strong, blow mold storage case
- Laser-etched size markings
- Both standard and metric sizes
- Two impact extender bars